Digital Education Summit
Friday, September 23, 2022
Save the date for the 11th annual Digital Education Summit, a free, virtual, one-day teaching and learning event promoting best practices and methodologies for online educators in K-12 and higher education.
At #DES22, you'll hear from a diverse group of thinkers, doers, faculty peers, and education professionals in a series of breakout sessions and hands-on workshops, and leave with proven methods and techniques for more effective teaching in the digital environment.
We’ll announce this year’s keynote speaker and open the call for presenters soon. Stay up to date on all things #DES22 at digitaleducationsummit.com or the official event Twitter, Instagram or Facebook page.
About The Digital Education Summit
For more than ten years, SHSU Online has hosted a unique annual learning opportunity for education professionals at Sam Houston State University, in other educational institutions in Texas and the United States, and worldwide.
The conference has been titled the Digital Education Summit (DES) to distinguish SHSU Online’s event from other teaching and learning conferences. Its goal is to provide tools and techniques to enrich the connection of faculty members and students in an online environment by:
- Boosting the confidence of educators who utilize online services and tools.
- Reinforcing the benefits of utilizing both asynchronous and synchronous communication.
- Advocating for universal, accessible, and inclusive solutions that positively impact students and educators.
- Encouraging critical and creative thinking to experiment and discover new ways to utilize tools available to both educators and students.
- Highlighting current trends and best practices in online education.
- Inspiring attendees and reminding them why they became educators in the first place.
From 2011 through 2019, the event was held on the campus of Sam Houston State University. But when the COVID-19 pandemic struck in 2020, DES organizers and SHSU Online leadership decided to move the Digital Education Summit online – which has benefited presenters and attendees by making it safe and readily available to a global (online) audience.
The move to online presentation is just the latest example of DES organizers’ ongoing commitment to embrace the rapid changes in online learning in higher education over the last decade and to both explain and embody that evolution as it continues into the 2020s and beyond.
For the complete list of previous keynote speakers or to learn more about this year’s event, head over to the official event website at digitaleducationsummit.com.