What are Bb Orgs?
Bb Organizations are virtual spaces inside Blackboard. Access to orgs is controlled by membership, much in the same way that online courses are accessed only by students enrolled in them.
Inside Bb Orgs, you can post information, have discussions, and share documents with those who are “enrolled” in your Org. Organizations are an ideal place to connect with other SHSU users with whom you share extra-curricular activities and other non-academic work.
Bb Orgs can be used by SHSU’s colleges, departments, faculty, staff, and/or students for activities that are in support of the educational, research, or administrative mission of the University.
How are Bb Orgs used at SHSU?
- Some Deans use Bb Orgs to post announcements and disseminate information to the faculty and/or students within their college.
- The Faculty Senate uses Bb Orgs for the Policy Review project, where they can share information and exchange documents related to SHSU policies.
- Student groups, like Alpha Phi Sigma and Sigma Alpha Pi use Orgs to keep their members informed, share a calendar of events, and share documents.
How to Request an Org
If you are considering using a Bb Org for your group, please complete and submit the following form. The SHSU Online Blackboard Administration team will reach out to you to schedule a follow up call.
If you are having trouble submitting this form, please email email@example.com.
Org Resource Packet
As a Bb Org leader, you will receive essential training and documentation.
- Bb Org Leader Responsibilities Statement
- Setting Org Membership: How to enroll users
- How to post an announcement and/or email your members
- How to upload documents
- How to create a discussion form
How to Get Help
If you are experiencing technical issues with your Bb Org, you can contact the SHSU Online Support Desk. We are open 24/7! Contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org or 936-294-2780.
SHSU Online eLearning Support Blog
Stay up-to-date with how to sessions and the latest tips and tricks for online faculty. Check out the SHSU Online eLearning Support Blog.