Online Degree Program Overview
- The Sociology BA and BS programs provide students with strong conceptual and methodological foundations, training in applied methods, and a wide range of elective course options.
- The sociology faculty collaborate with undergraduates on research and the Sociology Department sponsors undergraduate research, including presentations at regional and national conferences.
- The Sociology Department offers an internship program that gives students the opportunity to participate in a pre-professional experience applying sociological knowledge and methods in a community-based, government, or for-profit organizational setting.
Find more information in the degree overview.
About Your Degree
At SHSU Online, we understand that your degree needs to work for you. Your degree isn’t just a piece of paper — it signifies your accomplishment and expertise to the world.
- Accumulating Credit
- You earn a degree from SHSU by accumulating course credit hours.
- All Credits Are Equal
- You earn course credit hours by completing in-person courses and/or online courses, or through transferred credits from another institution.
- Your Degree Will Not Say “Online
” Neitherwill your transcript— even if you earn all of your course credit hours online. Your degree will be the same regardless of how you earn your credit hours.
- All SHSU Degree Programs Are Fully Accredited
- Sam Houston State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Sam Houston State University or visit their website.
Undergraduate Application Deadlines
- Fall: August 1
- Spring: December 15
- Summer: May 15
Core curriculum course credits can be earned face-to-face or online. To complete a degree entirely online, students must choose the online options for core curriculum courses.