Online Graduate Student Checklist
Activate SHSU Computer Account
Activation can be done through SamWeb. Your computer account gives you access to:
- MySam (register for classes, view account balance, check financial aid status and accept awards, etc.)
- Campus email
- Blackboard (access online classes, check class assignments, grades, etc.)
- DegreeWorks (view degree plan)
For assistance, contact the IT@SAM Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 936-294-1950.
Request Bearkat OneCard
The Bearkat OneCard is the official ID of SHSU. Make your request online. You must upload an image of a valid government or state issued photo ID in order to request your Bearkat OneCard.
For assistance, contact the Bearkat OneCard Office at email@example.com or 936-294-2273.
Contact Graduate Program Advisor
See program page for contact information. In your communication, please indicate you are an online student and include your SamID.
Register for Classes
After speaking with your program advisor, register for classes through MySam. Visit the Registrar's website for instructions.
Check Financial Aid Status
After submitting the FAFSA and any required documents, check your financial aid status and accept awards through MySam.
Pay Tuition and Fees
Pay online at MySam.
- Click on the “My Account” tab
- Click on “Make Payment through the Student Account Center”
For assistance, contact the Bursar’s Office at 936-294-1083.
- All students under the age of 22 are required to submit proof of meningitis vaccination at least 10 days prior to the first class day or 10 days prior to move-in date if living on campus. Documentation should be sent to the SHSU Health Center. 100% online students are exempt, but if you choose to take a class on campus you will be required to submit evidence of receiving the meningitis vaccination prior to registering. For more information, visit Meningitis Vaccination Requirement.