Online Degree Program Overview
- The Sociology BA and BS programs provide students with strong conceptual and methodological foundations, training in applied methods, and a wide range of elective course options.
- The sociology faculty collaborate with undergraduates on research and the Sociology Department sponsors undergraduate research, including presentations at regional and national conferences.
- The Sociology Department offers an internship program that gives students the opportunity to participate in a pre-professional experience applying sociological knowledge and methods in a community-based, government, or for-profit organizational setting.
Find more information in the degree overview.
About Your Degree
At SHSU Online, we understand that your degree needs to work for you. Your degree isn’t just a piece of paper — it signifies your accomplishment and expertise to the world.
- Accumulating Credit
- You earn a degree from SHSU by accumulating course credit hours.
- All Credits Are Equal
- You earn course credit hours by completing in-person courses and/or online courses, or through transferred credits from another institution.
- Your Degree Will Not Say “Online
” Neitherwill your transcript— even if you earn all of your course credit hours online. Your degree will be the same regardless of how you earn your credit hours.
- All SHSU Degree Programs Are Fully Accredited
- Sam Houston State University is accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Some programs are also accredited by a governing professional body. Read more about our accreditation.
Undergraduate Application Deadlines
- Fall: August 1
- Spring: December 1
- Summer: May 15
Core curriculum course credits can be earned face-to-face or online. To complete a degree entirely online, students must choose the online options for core curriculum courses.