Online Degree Program Overview
Award Winning Education
Ranked as One of the Best in the Nation for Online Bachelor's Programs
For more information about the U.S. News & World Report evaluation process, please visit USNews.com
- Ranked as One of the Best in the Nation for Online Bachelor's Programs
- Choose from several curriculum concentrations; American Government, International Relations and Foreign Policy, Comparative Government, Public Administration and Political Theory
- Internship available with city and county governments, the Texas legislature, the U.S. Congress, non-profit organizations, international think tanks, major political campaigns, and law offices
Find more information in the degree overview.
About Your Degree
At SHSU Online, we understand that your degree needs to work for you. Your degree isn’t just a piece of paper — it signifies your accomplishment and expertise to the world.
- Accumulating Credit
- You earn a degree from SHSU by accumulating course credit hours.
- All Credits Are Equal
- You earn course credit hours by completing in-person courses and/or online courses, or through transferred credits from another institution.
- Your Degree Will Not Say “Online
” Neitherwill your transcript— even if you earn all of your course credit hours online. Your degree will be the same regardless of how you earn your credit hours.
- All SHSU Degree Programs Are Fully Accredited
- Sam Houston State University is accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Some programs are also accredited by a governing professional body. Read more about our accreditation.
While the majority of this program can be completed online, attendance on campus may still be required for all students. Please contact us for more information about this program.
Undergraduate Application Deadlines
- Fall: August 1
- Spring: December 1
- Summer: May 15
Core curriculum course credits can be earned face-to-face or online. To complete a degree entirely online, students must choose the online options for core curriculum courses.