Online Degree Program Overview
- RN to BSN track
- Annual scholarships of $1,000+ dedicated to nursing students
- Provides a nursing foundation which promotes holistic, evidence-based health care in a professional community
- Texas Board of Nursing approval and is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- This degree will open more doors in your nursing career, allowing for positions of leadership and further academic degrees
Find more information in the degree overview.
About Your Degree
At SHSU Online, we understand that your degree needs to work for you. Your degree isn’t just a piece of paper — it signifies your accomplishment and expertise to the world.
- Accumulating Credit
- You earn a degree from SHSU by accumulating course credit hours.
- All Credits Are Equal
- You earn course credit hours by completing in-person courses and/or online courses, or through transferred credits from another institution.
- Your Degree Will Not Say “Online
” Neitherwill your transcript— even if you earn all of your course credit hours online. Your degree will be the same regardless of how you earn your credit hours.
- All SHSU Degree Programs Are Fully Accredited
- Sam Houston State University is accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Some programs are also accredited by a governing professional body. Read more about our accreditation.
Nursing Application Deadlines
Visit the School of Nursing website for current application deadlines and admissions information.
Core curriculum course credits can be earned face-to-face or online. To complete a degree entirely online, students must choose the online options for core curriculum courses.