Online Degree Program Overview
- RN to BSN track
- Annual scholarships of $1,000+ dedicated to nursing students
- Graduate sooner with flexible course schedules and 7½-week terms
- Small classe sizes and a low student to instructor ratio
- Texas Board of Nursing approval and is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Apply anytime— no application cutoff date
Find more information in the degree overview.
Nursing Application Deadlines
Visit the School of Nursing website for current application deadlines and admissions information.
Core curriculum course credits can be earned face-to-face or online. To complete a degree entirely online, students must choose the online options for core curriculum courses.
About Your Degree
At SHSU Online, we understand that your degree needs to work for you. Your degree isn’t just a piece of paper — it signifies your accomplishment and expertise to the world.
- Accumulating Credit
- You earn a degree from SHSU by accumulating course credit hours.
- All Credits Are Equal
- You earn course credit hours by completing in-person courses and/or online courses, or through transferred credits from another institution.
- Your Degree Will Not Say “Online
” Neitherwill your transcript— even if you earn all of your course credit hours online. Your degree will be the same regardless of how you earn your credit hours.
- SHSU Is Accredited
- Sam Houston State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Sam Houston State University or visit their website: www.sacscoc.org.