Online Degree Program Overview
- NCATE Accredited Institution Since 1954
- Provides knowledge and skills needed for becoming a proactive instructional leader and literacy advocate for students from elementary to secondary school
- Ideal for educators interested in obtaining the Texas Reading Specialist Certification
- Non-Certification route offered for out-of-state, private school, homeschool, or other educators
Find more information in the degree overview.
About Your Degree
At SHSU Online, we understand that your degree needs to work for you. Your degree isn’t just a piece of paper — it signifies your accomplishment and expertise to the world.
- Accumulating Credit
- You earn a degree from SHSU by accumulating course credit hours.
- All Credits Are Equal
- You earn course credit hours by completing in-person courses and/or online courses, or through transferred credits from another institution.
- Your Degree Will Not Say “Online
” Neitherwill your transcript— even if you earn all of your course credit hours online. Your degree will be the same regardless of how you earn your credit hours.
- SHSU Is Accredited
- Sam Houston State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Sam Houston State University or visit their website: www.sacscoc.org.