Online Degree Program Overview
- Ranked among the Best for Online Graduate Education Programs by U.S. News & World Reports
- NCATE Accredited Institution Since 1954
- Diverse curriculum designed to enhance career-related skills
- Academic Advising and Assessment and Institutional Research certificates available
- This program trains students to lead in student activities, effectively use organizational management tools, and meet professional ACPA, NASPA, and CAS standards and guidelines
Find more information in the degree overview.
About Your Degree
At SHSU Online, we understand that your degree needs to work for you. Your degree isn’t just a piece of paper — it signifies your accomplishment and expertise to the world.
- Accumulating Credit
- You earn a degree from SHSU by accumulating course credit hours.
- All Credits Are Equal
- You earn course credit hours by completing in-person courses and/or online courses, or through transferred credits from another institution.
- Your Degree Will Not Say “Online
” Neitherwill your transcript— even if you earn all of your course credit hours online. Your degree will be the same regardless of how you earn your credit hours.
- All SHSU Degree Programs Are Fully Accredited
- Sam Houston State University is accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Some programs are also accredited by a governing professional body. Read more about our accreditation.