Online Degree Program Overview
- Ranked among the Best for Online Graduate Education Programs by U.S. News & World Reports
- Prepares educators to support programs that enhance student learning
- Focuses on developmental education administration, leadership, and learning theories
- Taught by award winning faculty with expertise in the field
Two Concentrations with Different Modalities
The Higher Education Leadership program offers two modalities of instruction:
- In-person instruction for the Administration concentration (Spring admission)
- Fully online instruction for the Academic Support Programs concentration (Summer admission)
Find More information in the degree overview.
About Your Doctoral Degree
At SHSU Online, we understand that your degree needs to work for you. Your degree isn’t just a piece of paper — it signifies your accomplishment and expertise to the world.
- Your Degree Will Not Say “Online”
- Neither will your transcript. Your degree will be the same as any other degree from SHSU regardless of how you earn it.
- SHSU Is Accredited
- Sam Houston State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Sam Houston State University or visit their website: www.sacscoc.org.