Online Course Redesign and Faculty Certification Program - Spring 2023 Cohort Dates
Predicated upon peer-reviewed research in online teaching competencies and best practices in course design, this completely online program aims to ensure we are meeting the needs of a growing online student population.
Enrollment will open on 11/28/22
- Cohort 1: 1/29/23 – 3/3/23
- Cohort 2: 3/6/23 – 4/14/23 (Extra week due to Spring Break)
Participant Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Online Course Redesign and Faculty Certification Program, the successful online instructor will be able to:
- Build a spirit of community among learners
- Apply the current best practices and strategies in online teaching to create rich and meaningful experiences for students
- Create an intuitive, organized, and well-structured online course framework
- Identify an approach to curriculum that minimizes barriers and maximizes learning for all students
- Design active-learning environments that include social interaction among students
- Construct opportunities for online interaction where students interact with the content, the instructor, and other students in meaningful ways
- Develop (or modify) an overall assessment strategy for an online course
- Formulate and express intended aims of the course, and help students relate their learning to these objectives over a defined period of time
- Leverage multimedia carefully and strategically in support of learning
- Support student success through clear expectations, prompt responses, and regular feedback
- Utilizes a guided course review and self-evaluation component
- Contains presentations, materials, and resources on course design best practices and online pedagogies
- Involves collaboration and communication with Instructional Designers
- Provides a model course to begin the redesign process
- Is asynchronous - work on it during a time of day that is best for you!
- A better understanding of course design and online pedagogies
- A newly redesigned online course
- A certification from SHSU Online
- A $500 stipend for cohort completion
- Program must be completed within two long semesters (Fall/Spring). Cohort members who do not complete the program within the allotted time must start fresh in a new cohort.
- Recertification can be earned after three years.
SHSU Online Faculty Support Blog http://shsuonline.wordpress.com/