Blackboard, Inc. will be hosting a four-week cohort program for Exemplary Blackboard Courses. Enroll to join discussion on key characteristics of high-quality courses within the framework of Course Design, Interaction and Collaboration, Assessment, and Learner Support!
The goal of the program is to introduce online instructors to best practices for online teaching and for assessing their own course. Participation is free and open to instructors who leverage the Blackboard Learn platform for delivering online, remote, or hybrid courses.
ECP Workshop Dates:
- Week 1: Tuesday, September 8, 11 a.m.–12 p.m. EDT Course Design
This session will cover Course Design characteristics within the sub-categories:
- Goals and Objectives
- Content Composition and Structure
- Learner Engagement
- Technology Use
- Accessibility of Course Design
- Week 2: Tuesday, September 15, 11 a.m.–12 p.m. EDT Interaction and Collaboration
This session will cover Interaction and Collaboration characteristics within the sub-categories:
- Communication Strategies
- Development of Learning Community
- Interaction Logistics
- Week 3: Tuesday, September 22, 11 a.m.–12 p.m. EDT EDT Assessment Design
This session will cover Assessment characteristics within the sub-categories:
- Learner Expectations
- Assessment Design
- Learner Self-Assessment
- Week 4: Tuesday, September 29, 11 a.m.–12 p.m. EDT Learner Support
This session will cover Learner Support characteristics within the sub-categories:
- Orientation to Course and LMS
- Instructor Contact Information & Communication
- Course/Institutional Policies & Support
- Accessibility and Technical Factors for Learner Support
The Exemplary Course Program began in 2000 with the goal of identifying and disseminating best practices for designing high quality courses. Instructors teaching through Blackboard can enroll in the cohort and submit their courses to the award program. Over the years, some SHSU Online instructional designers have served as evaluators for the competitive portion of the program and SHSU faculty have been recognized for excellence in online course design.
To register, please visit the Exemplary Course Program Cohort Registration page.