The College of Criminal Justice at Sam Houston State University is one of the oldest and most prestigious programs in the nation.
The Criminal Justice and Victim Studies degrees, offered by the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology, provide a close-knit learning environment, expert faculty, and state-of-the-art facilities including a full service courtroom.
We offer an online bachelor's degree which allows students to complete their four year degree with flexibility.
The College of Criminal Justice offers Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in both Criminal Justice and Victim Studies. The BS in Criminal Justice is available online.
For both Criminal Justice and Victim Studies, the BS requires additional hours of a social science (e.g., psychology, sociology, political science, etc.) whereas the BA requires additional hours of a foreign language (e.g., Spanish, French, American Sign, etc.).
Popular courses include the following:
- Cyber Crime
- Global Terrorism
- Forensic Science
- Violent Offenders
- Child Abuse and Neglect
- White Collar Crime
- Criminal Investigation
The College of Criminal Justice offers an internship program for seniors to earn course credit while gaining hands-on experience and networking opportunities. Participating organizations include INTERPOL, the FBI, local police departments, and many more.
About your degree
At SHSU, we understand that your degree needs to work for you. Your degree isn’t just a piece of paper— it signifies your accomplishment and expertise to the world.
- Accumulating Credit
- You earn a degree from SHSU by accumulating course credit hours
- All Credits Are Equal
- You earn course credit hours by completing in-person courses and/or online courses, or through transferred credits from another institution.
- Your Degree Will Not Say “online”
- Neither will your transcript. Even if you earn all of your course credit hours online. Whichever way you earn course credits, your degree will be the same.
- All SHSU Degree Programs Are Fully Accredited
- Sam Houston State University is accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Some programs are also accredited by a governing professional body. Read more about accreditation.