There are many good reasons to keep your course from growing too big for its own britches. A large course could have a negative impact on your students' learning experience because:
- The size of course intimidates your students
- The same document in multiple places takes up space and clutters the course
- Large images take forever to load, and...
- Take up valuable visual real estate on handheld devices
- The more items in your course and in the learning management system (LMS), the slower it operates
Keeping these things in mind, there are steps you can take to manage your online courses so they don’t become overwhelming, unnavigable, burdensome, and out of control.
Get more details on how to put your online courses on a "weight loss plan" on this month's eLearning Support Blog!