Tip 1: Quickly Provide Audio and/or Video Feedback in the Blackboard Grade Center
Instructor presence in online courses is crucial for student success. The instructor plays an important role in student satisfaction in online courses. SHSU Online instructors interact with students in discussions, virtual office hours, feedback, and other important ways. One facet of instructor presence in online courses is feedback for the student’s submitted activities/assessments. Most of this instructor feedback has been textual in nature. Instructors generally type in their comments and try to personalize the text they use when doing so.
For more details, see my previously published article here.
Tip 2: Digital Teaching Webinar Recordings
Three new SHSU Online Digital Teaching Webinar Recordings are available (in case you missed our sessions):
- Online Teaching Practice: Lessons Learned and COVID Corollaries
- Adding Images to Blackboard Courses
- What’s New in Blackboard: TurnItIn and Qwickly Updates
Remember, you can access the recordings of almost 30 Digital Teaching Webinars by visiting the Teaching Online With Blackboard support organization located in Blackboard. Instructions for accessing the support organization are:
- Log into Blackboard
- Scroll down to My Organizations (directly below My Courses)
- Click the link for Teaching Online With Blackboard
- Select the Webinar Recordings link in the Faculty Services section of the organization’s menu
- Finally, open the folder for Digital Teaching Webinar Recordings
Many of these recordings come with a slide deck and other resources that you will find valuable as you continue to use Blackboard when teaching in a digital environment.