Whenever I think about the beginning of a new academic year, I often reflect on Arthur Ashe’s well-known quote:
“Start where you are.
Use what you have.
Do what you can.”
During this exciting (and bewildering) time of new beginnings, it may be of practical assistance to highlight the resources and services that SHSU Online makes available to SHSU faculty and instructors teaching fully online courses, blended courses, and other course modalities in between.
- Instructional design and course development
- Faculty development and online certification
- 24/7 Support Desk
- Blackboard administration and academic tools
- Online professional learning
- Instructional and promotional video production
- Video hosting administration
- Graphic design
- Captioning and transcription
- Web design and maintenance of SHSU Online webpages
- Program landing pages for online programs
- SHSU Annual Conference – Digital Education Summit (DES)
- SHSU Online Newsletter
- Disability services in online, hybrid, emergency remote courses
- Academic continuity and emergency operations
- Faculty Central Tab: Log into Blackboard and locate the tab entitled “Faculty Central.” On this tab, you will find access to a variety of just-in-time Blackboard resources, downloadable how-to's, training videos, the e-learning blog, as well as access to request training, connect with your instructional designer or video producer, and certification sign-ups.
Teaching Online with Blackboard Organization
This resource is also available once you log into Blackboard. The Teaching Online with Blackboard organization is a course-like environment that contains in depth, faculty-centric resources to assist you with the integration of academic technology tools in the teaching and learning experience. In this organization, you will find information on how to connect with your instructional designer, tips on how to communicate with students, how to access previous recordings of our ongoing digital teaching webinars, as well as a handy Blackboard A-Z index guide for all available training materials.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Hours: 24 Hours – 7 Days A Week
The new academic year means new opportunities, new beginnings, new connections with students, and even some new challenges. Please contact us to assist you in your efforts of teaching fully online, blended, or web-assisted courses.