SHSU Online is pleased to announce that SHSU faculty, students, and staff will soon have access to one of the largest nationwide digital collections of videos. LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) will be deployed campus-wide through an integration inside Blackboard, and access will be available starting in Spring 2021.1.
LinkedIn Learning is an award-winning industry leader, with a digital library containing thousands of courses across a wide range of topics. The LinkedIn Learning partnership with SHSU Online will feature unrestricted access to more than 13,000 courses taught by industry experts. Courses cover a wide range of relevant subjects, from business skills and soft skills, to creative, technical, designing, and computer programming skills.
The integration will allow participants to complete training courses and earn badges and micro-credentials, which can be synced with LinkedIn profiles. With video tutorials, podcasts, and personalized learning paths, LinkedIn Learning is a great resource, and we are thrilled to make it available to the SHSU community at no cost.
- Who: Faculty, students, and staff will have access to LinkedIn Learning’s digital library of courses through Blackboard. Users can earn badges and micro-credentials, which can be displayed on their LinkedIn profiles.
- What: LinkedIn Learning digital courses are taught by industry experts and cover a wide range of business, creative and technical topics. Each week, more videos are added.
- Where: Accessible 24/7 from your desktop or mobile device, access will be routed through Blackboard. Every faculty, student, and staff at SHSU already have access to Blackboard with their SHSU account credentials. They can use those credentials to access the campus-wide license of LinkedIn Learning.
- When: A link to the LinkedIn Learning digital video library will be available in Blackboard in Spring 2021.
- Why: Why not? This is a great time to bring even more digital asset diversity to online, hybrid/blended, face-to-face, and emergency remote courses.
At SHSU Online, we are continually looking for ways to improve the online education experience for students and faculty. As we inch closer to the spring semester, we will continue to provide additional information regarding this partnership and the wealth of access it will afford faculty, students, and staff.