SHSU Online offers numerous opportunities for faculty to develop their online pedagogical skills.
Take a look at the faculty development sessions offered by SHSU Online and sign up for the course you need by clicking the button at the bottom of this page. Choose from classroom-based face-to-face sessions, completely online certification courses, or how-to by appointment.
- Online Cohort - Teaching Online With Blackboard - Certification*
The Teaching Online with Blackboard Certification Series is the fully-online cohort based training option for faculty wishing to improve their online teaching skills. The certification consists of four courses aimed at preparing an instructor to master the online teaching environment through Blackboard.
Courses included within this series comprise the following:
- Course Building: (Starts 9/12) 2-week course that will equip online instructors with building and sharing content in their online courses.
- Communication: (Starts 9/26) 2-week course that will cover tools of communication, as well as applicable communication strategies for online course management.
- Assessment: (Starts 10/10) 2-week course that introduces participants to how to get started assessing their student's learning in an online class.
- Teaching Online- Strategies for Success: (Starts 10/24) 2-Week course that presents participants with the opportunity to explore best practices for creating engaging and effective online learning environments.
Enroll in each course separately, today!*Successful completion of all four courses required for certification.
- 9/13 @ 12pm - What's New in Blackboard
- 9/14 @ 2pm - Setting Up Your Virtual Office
- 9/18 @ 3pm - Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
- 9/11 @ 12pm, 9/21 @ 3pm - Put Premade Rubrics in Your Blackboard Courses
SHSU Online eLearning Support Blog
Stay up-to-date with how to sessions and the latest tips and tricks for online faculty. Check out the SHSU Online eLearning Support Blog.