SHSU Online offers numerous opportunities for faculty to develop their online pedagogical skills.
Take a look at the faculty development sessions offered by SHSU Online and sign up for the course you need by clicking the button at the bottom of this page. Choose from classroom-based face-to-face sessions, completely online certification courses, or how-to by appointment.
- Online Cohort - Teaching Online With Blackboard - Certification*
The Teaching Online with Blackboard Certification Series is the fully-online cohort based training option for faculty wishing to improve their online teaching skills. The certification consists of four courses aimed at preparing an instructor to master the online teaching environment through Blackboard.
Courses included within this series comprise the following:
- Course Building: (Starts 6/1) 2-week course that will equip online instructors with building and sharing content in their online courses.
- Communication: (Starts 6/15) 2-week course that will cover tools of communication, as well as applicable communication strategies for online course management.
- Assessment: (Starts 6/29) 2-week course that introduces participants to how to get started assessing their student's learning in an online class.
- Teaching Online- Strategies for Success: (Starts 7/13) 2-Week course that presents participants with the opportunity to explore best practices for creating engaging and effective online learning environments.
Enroll in each course separately, today!*Successful completion of all four courses required for certification.
- Self-Paced - Building Online Communities
Communication and collaboration are key facets to this online certification course. In this course, we will further explore some of the communication and collaboration tools Blackboard Learn has to offer. You will have ample opportunity to communicate, gain feedback and share ideas with your colleagues’ using of the tools. This online course covers:-Online communities and the Instructor’s Role
-Best Practice and Learning Theory Around Discussion Questions
-The Use of Journals & Blogs
-The Use of Wikis
-Groups in Blackboard Courses
-Grading in the collaborative space
Successful completion of this course awards the Online Community Organizer certification.
- Self-Paced - Multimedia in Blackboard Courses
This fully-online certification course provides the Blackboard instructor with the knowledge and skills in both the acquisition and implementation of multimedia for online/face-to-face and hybrid courses. Technologies and best practices are examined in the context of student engagement and success. Participants can choose to complete all module activities for this course and receive a Multimedia Certification or just complete any of the modules that interests them, a la carte.
- 6/6 @ 1pm, 6/14 & 12pm Webinar - Blackboard Collaborate: The Ultra Experience
- 6/19 @ 1pm Webinar - Blackboard & More - By Request
- 6/22 @ 1pm Webinar - Organizing the Blackboard Gradebook
SHSU Online eLearning Support Blog
Stay up-to-date with how to sessions and the latest tips and tricks for online faculty. Check out the SHSU Online eLearning Support Blog.