You may recall we have previously posted an article on the eLearning Support Blog about the benefits of using Rubrics in an online course. To summarize, we shared how the use of the Rubric tool in Blackboard can accomplish the following:
- Rubrics clear up grading ambiguity for students,
- Rubrics make grading easier and more consistent,
- Rubrics lets students know what they need in order to succeed.
The full blog post provides more detail into each of the benefits listed above, but in addition to the original article, we have now created a showcase of Rubrics for you to preview and download for direct import into your Blackboard course(s). Numerous pre-built rubrics are now available for you to use ‘as-is’ or edit to fit your needs!
The Rubric showcase includes rubrics for…
- Blog posts
- Reflective Writing Assignments
- Research Papers
- Portfolio Assignments
We will continue to add additional Rubrics to the repository. If there is a specific type of Rubric you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to let us know! To find this new resource and to download the ready-made rubrics for import into your Blackboard courses, visit the Faculty Central tab in Blackboard and Select Bb Resources.
Feel free to take a look at the listed rubrics prior to download.
- Click on the Preview Rubric icon to get a look at the rubric before you download it.
- Click on the Download Rubric icon to save the rubric so you can import it into your course.
This Faculty Central page also has instructions for importing, creating, editing, associating, and grading with rubrics in your Blackboard course.