The upcoming SHSU Online Digital Education Summit will be held over two days on March 9-10, 2017. The event will be held in the Lowman Student Center on the SHSU campus.
SHSU Online is excited to announce that the keynote speaker for Friday morning, March 10, is SHSU Distinguished Alumna Dr. Nan McRaven.
In her keynote address, Dr. McRaven will focus on a number of important areas involving online learning in Texas, including:
- The importance of the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB)'s 60X30 Plan to the future of Texas, in terms of the economic impact and marketable skills of citizens with a higher education;
- Reaching adult learners (degree completers) with online education;
- SHSU Online's unique position to reach these learners and historically underserved regions of Texas;
- Connecting the business, government, technology, and education sectors to help educate citizens;
- Alignment between high schools, community colleges, and universities;
- The role of technology, including considerations such as bandwidth, "last mile" infrastructure, and computing in online education
Dr. Nan McRaven was elected to the Austin Community College District Board of Trustees in 2002. She has served as Chair and Vice Chair. She is the owner of McRaven Consulting, Austin, Texas. Her former positions include: Texas State Director of The Trust for Public Land, Austin; Senior Director, Freescale Semiconductor; Vice-President of Communications and Public Affairs at Motorola Inc; Vice-President of the Austin Chamber of Commerce; and Director of Personnel and Budget for Travis County. She has taught at Austin Community College (ACC) as an adjunct teacher and at the University of Texas at the LBJ and business schools. She served on the ACC Foundation Board and on the St. Edward's University Business Council.
Dr. McRaven has a bachelor's degree in government from Sam Houston State University, a master's degree in public affairs from the Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, and a doctorate from the University of Texas at Austin in Higher Education Administration/Community College Leadership.
There is still time for faculty members and technology experts to register and join us at this one-of-a-kind event on the SHSU campus! Please register for the SHSU Online Digital Education Summit by filling out the simple form at the following link:
Thursday, March 9th
11:30-1:30 p.m. Registration
12:00-1:30 p.m. Lunch & Door Prizes
1:15-1:30 p.m. Conference Kick-Off
1:45-2:30 p.m. Breakout Session One
2:45-3:30 p.m. Breakout Session Two
3:45-4:30 p.m. Breakout Session Three
5:00-7:00 p.m. Reception & Door Prizes
Friday, March 10th
7:30-9:00 a.m. Registration
7:30-9:00 a.m. Breakfast & Door Prizes
9:10-10:00 a.m. Conference Keynote
10:15-11:00 a.m. Breakout Session Four
11:15-12:00 p.m. Breakout Session Five