Online Degree Program Overview
- Customize your degree to tailor fit your specific interests and career goals.
- Apply previously earned college credit to fast-track your progress.
- Design your curriculum by choosing three fully online minors and a General Studies capstone course.
Understanding the Online Integrated Studies Degree
You make your own choices in life; let those experiences drive your pursuit of a Integrated Studies (BS) degree.
The Integrated Studies degree allows you to forge your own path by designing a curriculum through your choice of three academic minors, one Integrated Studies capstone course, and supporting coursework. Each minor must contain 18 hours unique only to that major, but the rest is up to you.
The online Integrated Studies degree offers the same benefits as the on campus program, but with the added convenience of fitting into your already busy life.
Undergraduate Application Deadlines
- Fall: August 1
- Spring: December 1
- Summer: May 15
About Your Degree
At SHSU Online, we understand that your degree needs to work for you. Your degree isn’t just a piece of paper — it signifies your accomplishment and expertise to the world.
- Accumulating Credit
- You earn a degree from SHSU by accumulating course credit hours.
- All Credits Are Equal
- You earn course credit hours by completing in-person courses and/or online courses, or through transferred credits from another institution.
- Your Degree Will Not Say “Online
” Neitherwill your transcript— even if you earn all of your course credit hours online. Your degree will be the same regardless of how you earn your credit hours.
- All SHSU Degree Programs Are Fully Accredited
- Sam Houston State University is accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Some programs are also accredited by a governing professional body. Read more about our accreditation.
Core curriculum course credits can be earned face-to-face or online. To complete a degree entirely online, students must choose the online options for core curriculum courses.