- Activate your computer account. This will give you access to:
- Blackboard (to attend online classes, check your class assignments, grades, etc.)
- My Sam (to register for classes, view class schedule, view account balance, check financial aid status, etc.)
- Campus email
- Computers on campus (PC or Mac)
- Check your SHSU email account for your TSI Status approximately five days after your acceptance email. If you are not exempt, you will be given instructions on how to complete a pre-assessment activity in order to take the TSI Assessment test. You must be compliant with the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) law in order to be advised and register.
- Request your Bearkat OneCard, the official ID of SHSU, in person (Main campus - Estill Building, Suite 230 or The Woodlands Center- One Stop Shop) or online. You must present a valid government or state issued photo ID in order to request your Bearkat OneCard.
Meet with your academic advisor in the Student Advising and Mentoring (SAM) Center, located in the College of Humanities & Social Sciences Building – Suite 170. If you cannot come to campus, the SAM Center has options available for you.
For assistance, please contact the SAM Center:
- Get information on First-Year Experience in Academic Building 4, Suite 202. If you are unable to make it to campus, please contact First-Year-Experience at 936-294-3422.
Sign up for Freshman Orientation through New Student Orientation Programs. Freshman Orientation is required for all incoming freshmen.
If you are new to SHSU, online orientations are available for online undergraduate students who cannot attend an orientation at the SHSU campus. If you are an undergraduate student who wishes to view the online orientation, please submit an email to Jesse Bernal at email@example.com and request the online orientation.
During registration you may:
- Request a parking permit
- Opt to pay tuition and fees on an installment plan
Pay your tuition and fees by the deadline stated on your fee statement. To pay in person, visit the Estill Building – Suite 103.
To pay tuition online:
- Log into My Sam
- Click on the “My Account” tab
- Click on “Make Payment through the Student Account Center”
- All new and transfer students under the age of 22 are required to submit proof of meningitis vaccination at least 10 days prior to the first class day or 10 days prior to move-in date if living on campus. Documentation should be sent to the SHSU Health Center. For more information visit Meningitis Vaccination Requirement.
- Submit FINAL high school transcript upon graduation to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- Submit official college transcripts (upon course completion) of any dual credit/college coursework taken during or after high school to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.